Call Coyotes

If you are looking to jump into the sport and call coyotes right away, here are some things to consider for a quick and easy start. Think about your location first. Are there coyotes there? If you know of a place where howling is often heard, I would recommend hitting up that spot if you have access to it. If not, its always good to get as far away from urban and residential areas as you can. If you know of some bottom land close to a water source, this is probably your best bet.

Second, make sure you go at the right time. Now, some will say there is no right time to go because I'm sure coyotes have been called in at just about any time of the day or night. But there certainly are times when you are more likely to call one in. I recommend going early in the morning or at night. Going at night will require some equipment like a spot light, or even night vision goggles. If you don't have these don't worry, I don't either ha. If only I had more money. Anyways, I would recommend going early in the morning, about an hour after the sun has come up. You can hunt as long as you want, but I have spotted more coyotes within about three hours after daylight. From my experience, the best time to call coyotes is about 7:00 to 8:00 am.

Finally you need a good call. This is to be debated on what call is the best. But, if you are just starting out, go with the call you can perform the best. This is probably going to be an electronic call because you are not actually doing the calling. One thing to remember is to try and put the call away from you so that when the coyote is looking for the animal it hears, it won't be looking at you! If you are using a mouth call, try to practice it first. I would recommend downloading some distress audio files and trying to mimic those. Try to practice these tips and I think you will have some luck when you begin to call coyotes.